- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup water (or milk of any kind)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1 frozen banana (OR 1/2 cup steamed and frozen cauliflower) **see note below
- 2 figs, halved
- 1/8–1/4 tsp cardamom powder (like this)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (I use THIS)
- 3 ice cubes, optional
- honey or maple syrup as needed *** see note below
- 1 fig thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp berry chia jam OR any jam that you have (I used THIS recipe)
- frozen berries
Place all smoothie ingredients (except for sweetener) in blender and process until creamy smooth. Start with 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom. Taste and adjust for cardamom and add extra sweetener if desired.
Gently place thinly sliced fig onto inside of a dry glass, layer optional jam at bottom of glass and pour smoothie on top. Garnish with frozen berries. Enjoy!
** to prepare cauliflower for use in smoothies, steam florets until just barely fork tender. Cool and place in freezer until ready to use.
*** if using banana, you probably won’t need additional sweetener. I tend to add 1 tsp of raw honey if using steamed/frozen cauliflower.
**** to get fig to stick to glass, thinly slice fig and gently place slice on inside of VERY dry glass. Pour smoothie slowly in.