- 1/4 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 tsp gelatin (where to buy gelatin from a grass fed source)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz) (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2–3 tbsp of honey or maple syrup (depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour water into a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Set aside and allow to soften while you cook the pudding.
- In a medium pot, gently heat coconut milk and salt over low-medium heat until just beginning to steam. DO NOT BOIL.
- Slowly whisk in egg yolks one at a time and continue to stir with a wooden spoon for 5-7 minutes, until mixture thicken enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Turn off heat and add banana, sweetener of choice, softened gelatin, and vanilla. Stir until completely smooth.
- Pour into individual custard cups, cover, and allow to set in fridge for at least 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
I used my immersion blender to mash my banana to make a super smooth consistency. This pudding may darken in color with time. This will not affect the flavor.