- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small), chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted and divided
- 2 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (like this)
- pinch of cinnamon powder (like this)
- 2 dried apricots, soaked in water for 5 minutes and chopped into small pieces.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed of kale, destemmed and sliced into thin ribbons
- your favorite sauerkraut
- 1 small beet, shredded
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for garnish
CREAMY TURMERIC DRESSING
- Preheat oven to 425’F and bring a small pot of water to boil for eggs.
- Remove the core from cauliflower and coarsely chop into florets, then place the cauliflower (in 2-3 batches) in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice. Set aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of melted fat of choice with turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne and pour over cauliflower rice. Mix to evenly coat. Spread evenly in a single layer onto baking sheet
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee/butter.coconut oil over chopped sweet potatoes and spread evenly onto another baking sheet. Place both baking sheets in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through, until golden. Toss is chopped apricots into cauliflower rice as it comes out of the oven.
- While vegetables roast in oven, prepare greens, eggs and dressing. Once pot of water is boiling, gently place eggs into water and set timer for 6 minutes. Remove from water and place into cold water bath until ready to serve.
- To prepare greens, steam kale until wilted but still bright green.
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy smooth. Adjust for lemon, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble comfort bowl, arrange roasted vegetables and kale into your favorite bowl. Add sauerkraut and shredded beets. Peel eggs, slice, and nest on top. Salt and pepper to taste. And red pepper flakes, if desired.