The ultimate Comfort Bowl loaded with spicy turmeric cauliflower rice, roasted sweet potatoes, greens, and the perfect 6 minute egg.
It rained today. A long, heavy rain that marks the end of summer for me. And the end of all the summer foods. I’m switching gears to focus on warmer, more nourishing meals to get us thought the cooler month.
I’m kicking off fall with some comfort food for you. It’s not really a recipe but an example of how I like to eat – all my favorite things together in one colorful bowl. Cozy, warm, and delicious.
Let’s run through what’s in this Comfort Bowl…
….cauliflower “rice” seasoned with turmeric, cayenne, and cinnamon. And finished with a bit of dried apricot.
…perfectly roasted sweet potato to balance out the spicy cauliflower.
…lightly steamed kale ribbons because you can’t ever eat enough greens.
…the perfect 6 minute egg. Not too hard. Not too runny.
…your fav sauerkraut.
…all drizzled with a creamy turmeric dressing that will make your mouth water.
So basically it’s all the good things wrapped into one comfy little bowl of goodness. Hearty, healthy, and nutrient-dense. I’ve been having a little moment with turmeric and wanting to put it on ALL THE THINGS. The creamy turmeric dressing has been a staple in the fridge and tastes good on just about EVERYTHING.
This bowl is the way that I like to eat. I don’t bother with fancy recipes. Just real food. Real simple. You can eat this bowl for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It fits the criteria for all the 3. Stay cozy this fall..
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small), chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted and divided
- 2 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (like this)
- pinch of cinnamon powder (like this)
- 2 dried apricots, soaked in water for 5 minutes and chopped into small pieces.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed of kale, destemmed and sliced into thin ribbons
- your favorite sauerkraut
- 1 small beet, shredded
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for garnish
CREAMY TURMERIC DRESSING
- Preheat oven to 425’F and bring a small pot of water to boil for eggs.
- Remove the core from cauliflower and coarsely chop into florets, then place the cauliflower (in 2-3 batches) in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice. Set aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of melted fat of choice with turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne and pour over cauliflower rice. Mix to evenly coat. Spread evenly in a single layer onto baking sheet
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee/butter.coconut oil over chopped sweet potatoes and spread evenly onto another baking sheet. Place both baking sheets in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through, until golden. Toss is chopped apricots into cauliflower rice as it comes out of the oven.
- While vegetables roast in oven, prepare greens, eggs and dressing. Once pot of water is boiling, gently place eggs into water and set timer for 6 minutes. Remove from water and place into cold water bath until ready to serve.
- To prepare greens, steam kale until wilted but still bright green.
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy smooth. Adjust for lemon, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble comfort bowl, arrange roasted vegetables and kale into your favorite bowl. Add sauerkraut and shredded beets. Peel eggs, slice, and nest on top. Salt and pepper to taste. And red pepper flakes, if desired.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.