- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I use THIS Brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk (I use THIS brand)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 2 lemons
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease a 9 inch round cake pan and line bottom of pan with parchment paper (like this) cut into circle to fit the bottom.
- In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, coconut milk, lemon juice, melted fat of choice, maple syrup/honey, vanilla, and lemon zest until foamy.
- Add wet to dry and mix well to combine.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until thick soft peaks form. Fold very gently into cake batter. Pour evenly into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cake is golden.