- 1 pound of grass fed steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 TBS ghee (like this), melted
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (like this) OR chili powder (like this)
- 1 TBS raw honey
- 2 TBS water
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne for some heat
- Plus 1 TBS of ghee for cooking
- Place steak strips into a shallow bowl or pan.
- Process all marinade ingredients in a blender or small food processor until well blended like salad dressing.
- Pour marinade over steak strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover and allow to marinade for at least an hours in the fridge (I leave mine in all day.)
- Melt 1 TBS of ghee over medium-high heat. Add steak strips and stir to coat with oil.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side for a strips that are browned on the outside but still pink on the inside. Allow space between the strips as they will not cook properly if overcrowded. You may have to use 2 pans or do 2 batches. Cook times will vary depending on your type of steak and thickness of strips.