Chocolate raspberry brownies that are gooey on the inside and crispy and light on the outside. Gluten free. Grain free.
- 3/4 cup butter or ghee (12 tbsp)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use THESE)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (like this)
- 2 eggs, whisked vigorously for 30 seconds until foamy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (like this)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler (I use a glass bowl nested in a pot), melt the butter/ghee and chocolate chips until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted chocolate mixture, eggs, and vanilla. Add cassava flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Mix gently until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, smoothing the top out evenly. It will be nice and thick. Top with raspberries and extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, until brownies are just set. Allow to cool and enjoy!
The recipe calls for the eggs to be whisked for 30 seconds until foamy prior to mixing into the batter. I know it’s an extra step but this helps make the top layer extra crispy. Worth it, I promise.
Keywords: chocolate raspberry brownies