Like pecan pie but better. A thick buttery shortbread crust topped with sweet filling and crunchy pecans + mini chocolate chips. So dang tasty!
It’s officially holiday baking season, and I’m here for it. It’s been quite a year, and I think we could all use some holiday cheer to brighten the mood.
Today’s dessert is an easier alternative to the traditional pecan pie, made with unrefined sweeteners. No corn syrup here. Guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
Pecan Pie Bars are an effortless way to enjoy the rich, decadent flavors of pecan pie. Add some dark chocolate chips and you’ve taken it to the next level.
What’s awesome about Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars:
❤️ easier to make/eat then pie… bake them up in an 8×8 pan and cut them up into easily manageable squares. Yes, please!
❤️ nutty crust… made with butter, gluten + grain free almond flour, and coconut sugar
❤️ gooey pecan topping… who can say no to caramelized pecans?
❤️ mini chocolate chips… make this already irresistible dessert impossible not to LOVE.
❤️ coarse sea salt… because the salty sweet combo is the BEST.
Ready to bake? You don’t have to be a master baker to make these chocolate pecan pie bars. The ingredient list is short, the instructions are simple, and your people will be so happy when you make them a tray of these beauties.
Want more holiday desserts?
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour (I use THIS fine, blanched brand)
- 8 tbsp cold butter or ghee (1 stick), chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 6 tbsp butter (or ghee)
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I use THESE)
coarse sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper coming up the sides.
- To prepare the crust, in a food processor, pulse together almond flour, cold butter, and coconut sugar until it resembles coarse flour. Press mixture evenly + firmly into the bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until nice and golden on top. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling by melting 6 tablespoon of butter (ghee) in a small pot. Add coconut sugar, maple syrup, and salt and bring to a boil for about one minute. Turn off heat. Pour hot mixture into a large glass bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, whisk in vanilla extract and the 3 eggs. Be sure to mix continually so eggs do not cook.
- Stir chopped pecans + chocolate chips (saving a few to sprinkle on top) into mixture and pour over pre-baked crust. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes until nice and caramelized and center is starting to set. It will still be slightly giggly.
- Cool for one hour then place into fridge to set even more. Sprinkle on a bit of coarse sea salt before chilling. Bars are easier to cut when cold. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.