Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Skillet Cookie….. because it’s December, and I’m feeling in the holiday mood.
Holiday cookies are the best. Especially when they are gigantic like this one. And who doesn’t like things baked in a skillet. It’s so cute, right?
I’ve actually been meaning to share my super simple chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe with you all. But since it’s the holiday season, I thought I would fancy it up a bit.
Did you happen to read my post about how I’m taking it slow and easy this December? No holiday craziness or stress. I’m already done with presents and stuff like that. Keeping it super simple. I want to just enjoy the holidays with family and good food.
That being said, I’m only doing a couple of holiday recipes this year. The first one being my Gingerbread Waffles with Maple Cream, because well… breakfast is my fav and waffles make me happy. The second recipe is this Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Skillet Cookie, because big cookies are awesome.
Many people don’t know how much time and energy goes into creating and photographing recipes for a food blog. Sometimes the recipes just come to me. Other times I have to stalk the internet and my fav food magazines for inspo. The inspiration for this skillet cookie came from Instagram when I saw THIS. I knew I had to create a gluten free skillet cookie with a holiday vibe.
This giant skillet cookie is good. I mean, really good. Especially if eaten slightly warm. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and loaded with mini chocolate chips, pecans, and sweet dried cranberries. And yes, you can TOTALLY use fresh cranberries for this recipe if you want.
And the best part is that it’s super simple to throw together. No scooping individual cookies. Just mix and bake. Perfect for a holiday crowd.
Wishing you and yours a peaceful and cozy holiday season.
- 1/2 cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil – room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (like this)
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 blanched almond flour (I use THIS super fine brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy, soy, and nut free brand)
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (like this)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease a 10 inch skillet.
- Beat together fat of choice and coconut sugar until creamy smooth. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, pecans, and cranberries. (I like to keep a few of each to place on top of mixture before I put in oven. This makes for a prettier cookie.)
- Scrape mixture into prepared skillet, and spread out evenly over the bottom of skillet. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are just starting to get golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve warm. Feel free to top with ice cream if that’s your jam.
- I used dried cranberries for this recipe. Feel free to use fresh if you like. Simply use the same amount.
- Be sure to spread mixture evenly in skillet to ensure even baking.
- The chocolate chips, pecans, and cranberries tend to disappear in to the mixture. I like to keep a few of each to place on top of mixture before I put in oven. This makes for a prettier cookie.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.