- 8 ounces of unsweetened shredded coconut (like this) (about 3 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 TBS coconut oil (like this), melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 6–8 TBS raw honey (like this one) OR REAL maple syrup
- 5 TBS raw cacao powder (like this) (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Process shredded coconut and 1 TBS of melted coconut oil in high speed blender for about 1 minute. You may need to scrape the sides with the tamper attachment.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get a smooth paste. Add to blender.
- Process again for another 45 to 60 seconds, until it is of the desired consistency.
- This will harden at room temperature and will soften again at about 76’F.
This can also be done in a food processor but will take a bit more time. You will need to scrape the sides periodically. My experience has been that it takes about 15 minutes this way. Be sure to watch that you don’t overheat your food processor.