- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 3 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted (like this OR like this)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder (like this)
FOR PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS super fine brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca flour (like THIS or THIS )
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (THIS is my fav brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4– 1/3 cup chocolate chips + more for sprinkling (I use no sugar added chips)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease an 10 inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, melted fat of choice and vanilla. Pour wet into dry and mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour half of batter into greased skillet, spreading it to cover bottom. Layer half of streusel mixture on top. Spread on the rest of batter and then layer remaining streusel on top. Sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes, until golden and set in center. Enjoy!
I like Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice or you can make your own: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon clove powder. Use 1 teaspoon of this mixture for this recipe.