Super easy, healthy, and full of flavor chili lime chicken burgers. Gluten free. Paleo. Whole30.
- 1 tsp chili powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter, melted
- ghee, butter, or avocado oil for cooking
- crispy lettuce, pickled red onions, sprouts, mashed avocado , and crispy sweet potato fries for serving**
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine ground chicken, salt, onion, cilantro, lime, melted fat, and about 3/4 of the chili spice mixture until well incorporated. Form into 4 even-sized patties. Sprinkle remaining chili spice mixture over the top of each burger.
- Cook patties on a skillet, grill pan, or outdoor BBQ for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through. Be sure to liberally oil the skillet, pan, or BBQ to prevent sticking.
- Serve over crispy butter leaf lettuce with pickled red onions, sprouts, and avocado. Enjoy.
** to make mashed avocado, combine 1/2 avocado, a bit of fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Mash with fork until fully incorporated.
Grab the recipe for crispy sweet potato fries HERE.
Grab the recipe for pickled red onions HERE.
Keywords: chicken burgers