- 3 small beets (red or golden)
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rounds
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar (like this)
- 3 cups sunflower sprouts OR arugula
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and separated into segments
- one avocado, chopped or sliced
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Wash and trim beets. Place in an oven safe baking dish, cover, and bake until tender, about 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cool, peel and slice into thin rounds.
- Place red onion rings into a small colander in the sink. Pour the boiling water over onions and drain. Place into small bowl, add apple cider vinegar, and give it a good mix. Set aside.
- Process all dressing ingredients in a blender until well combined. Set aside.
- To assemble salad: place sunflower sprouts (or arugula) in center of plate. Top with chopped chicken. Arrange sliced beets, vinegar-soaked onions, grapefruit slices and avocado in any way that make you happy. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!