- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I like this one)
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt (like this)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp allspice or cinnamon
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- a pinch of clove
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened) (like this)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (like this)
- ½ cup maple syrup OR honey
- 1–2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup raisins, soaked in water for 15 minutes and drained
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, spices, and coconut shreds
- In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and syrup. Add fresh ginger, grated carrot, and raisins.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Spoon batter into paper- lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes for mini muffins and 20-22 minutes for regular muffins.
- Cool and serve
Cinnamon can be used instead if you do not have allspice.