Fried eggs nested in savory butternut squash noodles come together to make a hearty and satisfying meal. Gluten free. Paleo, Whole30.
- 1 tbsp ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 2 cups butternut squash noodles **
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- 2 eggs
- extras: fresh herbs, sauerkraut, salad greens, red pepper flakes
- Melt fat of choice in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles, salt, and garlic powder. Cook until noodles are tender but not falling apart – about 6-8 minutes. If noodles begin to stick, add a teaspoon or two of water.
- Once noodles are tender, form into two nests with an indentation in the center. Crack an egg into center of each nest. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until whites are cooked but yolks are still soft. For more well done yolks, place lid onto skillet for a few minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer egg nests to a plate and add whatever extras you like : fresh herbs, sauerkraut, salad greens, red pepper flakes, etc.
**Not sure how to make butternut squash noodles? Check out my tutorial HERE.