- 1 pound ground turkey (I prefer ground thigh meat)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, minced (or 1/2 tsp dried sage)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (omit for WHOLE30)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, salt, sage, thyme, pepper, and maple syrup until well incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Roll into 8 even sized balls and gently flatten to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat tablespoon of fat of choice in a large skillet on medium heat. Add in turkey patties and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until nice a brown on bottom. Flip and press down slightly to flatten a bit more. Cook for another 4 minutes, until cooked all the way through.
- Enjoy! Leftovers can be stored in fridge for 2-3 days and frozen for several months. Simply reheat in toaster oven or oven in covered baking dish.
I prefer ground turkey thigh meat for breakfast sausages. Do not use extra lean as sausages will be too dry. You can also use ground pork if you like.