Healthy, moist , and delicious muffins loaded with mashed sweet potato and bursting with juicy blueberries. Gluten free. Grain free. Paleo.
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (I like THIS brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (I like THIS raw brand)
- 1 cup blueberries , divided
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line a 12 cavity muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt) and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, sweet potato, fat of choice, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.)
- Add wet to dry and mix until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the blueberries. Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cup. Tap muffin tin onto counter to get batter to settle. Top muffins with remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries.
- Bake 22-24 minutes, until golden and firm to touch in the center. Cool on baking rack. Enjoy!
How to cook sweet potato: I like to bake mine covered in my Dutch oven on 400’F until soft, usually 45-55 minutes. They always come out perfectly soft and not dry at all. You can also just pop them on (whole and skin on) a baking sheet uncovered at 400’F until soft.