A super simple, creamy, custardy blueberry lemon clafoutis. It is gluten + dairy free and comes together in no time at all.
- butter, ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil to grease pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (like this)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp blanched almond flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (like this)
- pinch of salt
- zest from one lemon
- 2 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- lemon zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375’F. Grease a 10 inch ceramic quiche pan, glass pie dish, or cast iron skillet with fat of choice. Set aside.
- Arrange blueberries on the bottom of quiche pan.
- In blender, blend together eggs, coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, almond flour, tapioca flour + salt until creamy smooth. Stir in lemon zest. Slowly pour over blueberries.
- Place in oven and bake for 24-28 minutes, until golden and center is set. Cool for 15 minutes or so before serving. Garnish with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Use coconut or avocado oil to grease pan if strictly dairy free.
Gluten free flour substitutes: I highly recommend using blanched almond flour as it gives a wonderful taste. You could sub sweet rice flour, GF oat flour, or cassava flour for the tapioca flour. I haven’t tried using a 1:1 gluten free flour mix for the entire 3/4 cups of flour but I’m guessing it would work beautifully too