A moist and delicious blueberry lemon cake loaded with juicy blueberries and bright lemon flavor. Topped with a sweet and slightly crunchy streusel topping. Gluten free + grain free.
FOR THE STREUSEL
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil, cold
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almond
FOR BLUEBERRY LEMON CAKE
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar ( I use THIS brand)
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour ( I use THIS fine, blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (tossed in 1 tbsp of almond flour) + 1/3 cup more for top
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan and line bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- To make streusel topping, using a fork or your finger, blend almond flour, cold fat of choice, coconut sugar, and salt until a crumbly mixture forms. Fold in sliced almonds. Place into fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together coconut sugar and fat of choice until fluffy- about 3-4 minutes. Mix in vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each one.
- Sift in almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in one cup of blueberries. Spoon mixture into prepared springform pan and smooth out the top. Scatter remaining 1/3 cup of blueberries on top and sprinkle on streusel mixture.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes, until golden and center springs back when touched. Allow to cool + run sharp knife around perimeter of cake before removing from pan.
- Top with extra fresh blueberries, lemon zest, and sliced almonds. Enjoy!