- Bring blueberries, maple syrup, and salt to a boil in a medium pot. Turn down heat a bit and simmer softly for 3-4 minutes, until berries begin to pop open. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- For optional gelatin: Combine 1 TBS of gelatin with 1/4 cup boiling water and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add blueberries mixture, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and optional gelatin to blender. Process until creamy smooth. Place into fridge until very cold, overnight is best.
- Pour into ice cream maker (like this one) and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately as soft serve. OR place into freezer safe container and freeze until firm enough to scoop. (I like to firmly press a piece of parchment paper over the top of ice cream to help avoid freezer burn.)