- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped or grated beets (** see note)
- 1/2 banana (** see note)
- 1 cup milk of any kind (I used THIS)
- more blueberries
- yogurt (plain regular or dairy free)
- Combine all ingredients (except toppings) in a blender. Blend until creamy smooth. Add more liquid if necessary.
- Top with whatever makes you happy. Enjoy!
- I prefer cooked beets for this recipe. I wash and trim off tops and then roast them at 400′ F in my Dutch oven until soft. You can also use raw beets for this recipe. I recommend grating them first, especially if you do not have a high speed blender.
- The banana is added to add a bit more sweetness to this recipe. When making this smoothie for myself, I usually just leave it out. I like to add it a handful of cooked frozen cauliflower instead. You can read more about how I use cooked frozen veggies in my smoothies HERE.