- 3 TBS coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (like these)
- 4–6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (like this)
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup homemade bone broth (recipe HERE)
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2–3 inch piece of fresh ginger
- big handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- Saute onion in fat of choice for 5 minutes. Add cumin seed and continue to cook until onions are translucent and starting to brown.
- Combine minced garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, garam masala, cinnamon, and cardamon in small bowl. Pour into pan with onions. Saute spices for about 2 minutes to bring out the flavors. Do not let them smoke. Add a titch of fat if they stick. Remove from heat.
- Combine tomatoes, coconut milk, ginger, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt into high quality blender.
- Pour broth into pan with onions and spices. Scrape this mixture into the blender.
- Process until creamy smooth.
- Use this simmer sauce to cook your favorite meats or vegetables. You can add water or more broth to make a thinner curry sauce. ENJOY!