- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (like this)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa (like THIS or THIS) **
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For Chocolate Glaze
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy and nut free brand)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line muffin tin with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, cacao/cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, fat of choice, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups and bake for 19-22 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in double boiler, stirring often, until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Dip each cooled cupcake into glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
**I use raw cacao powder for this recipe because of the nutritional value of it. You can definitely use unsweetened cocoa powder if that’s what you have.