This is my favorite way to use leftover chicken. It’s fast. It’s easy. It’s healthy. And it’s sooooooo yummy. Big hit with the family. The only complaint was that I didn’t make more. I served it with steamed broccoli with olive oil and salt. I wish I could have gotten a better picture to show how yummy this really was. But we were all hungry and ate it all before I could get a good one. I am definitely trying to work on taking better photos. Nothing like a nice photo to describe a good meal.
- 4 cups leftover chicken (light or dark meat), chopped into small cubes
- 2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use one that has honey as sweetener instead of sugar)
- 2–3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sauerkraut or fermented vegetable of your choice
- Warm BBQ sauce in small pan on stove top
- Add chicken, stir, and remove from heat
- Cut end off of romaine hearts and separate leaves
- Arrange individual leaves on plates (3-4 per person)
- Spoon BBQ chicken mixture into lettuce cups (about 1 cup per person)
- Sprinkle shredded carrots and cilantro on top
- Serve with sauerkraut or fermented vegetable of your choice
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.