- 3 cups shredded beets (raw), washed and trimmed
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 eggs, beaten, preferably pastured
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (like this) OR 2 TBS coconut flour (like this)
FOR LEMON GARLIC AIOLI;
To Make Lemon Garlic Aioli:
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
To Make Beet Burgers:
- Finely chop onion and basil leaves and add to shredded beets.
- Add salt and eggs. Mix well.
- Add either almond flour or coconut flour. Mix to combine.
- Heat skillet over medium/high heat and cover bottom of pan liberally with fat of choice.
- Form small patties about 1/2 inch thick and drop into pan. Cook patties 3-4 minutes on one side, until crispy. Flip, and cook other side. (I like to press them down a bit to make sure they are not too thick. The center will not cook well if too thick.)
- Serve immediately with lemon garlic aioli.