Hands down the easiest and best way to cook spaghetti squash. All you need is oil + salt. Gluten free. Low carb alternative to pasta.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (I use THIS)
- salt to taste
- OPTIONAL: black pepper or garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Cut off ends of spaghetti squash and slice crosswise into rings – about 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches thick. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Arrange squash rings on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until tender and browning slightly underneath. Allow to cool a bit then use a fork to separate the squash into “noodles” away from the skin. Enjoy!
I don’t flip my spaghetti squash rings half way through because I really like the caramelized browning that happens if I don’t. If you prefer, you can flip them 15 minutes into baking.