- 1 tbsp ghee, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4–5 medium zucchinis, cut into noodles *
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or julienned
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (like this)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil (like this)
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- salt to taste
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat fat of choice in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. stirring often. Add zucchini noodles, cabbage, and carrots. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until veggies are just tender. Use kitchen tongs to stir.
- While the vegetables cook, whisk together coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil, lime juice, almond butter, and ginger. Add salt to taste.
- Once vegetables are tender, remove from heat and pour sesame ginger sauce over top. Toss to coat. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy!
My favorite way to make zucchini noodles is with THIS spiralizer. You can also use a mandolin or simply cut with a sharp knife.
For more firm zucchini noodles, prior to cooking, place zucchini noodles in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 10 minutes then gently press with clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. The recipe works fine even if you don’t do this.
Keywords: zucchini noodles