Quick + easy dinner idea: Asian Beef and Zucchini Noodles. So full of gingery/garlicky flavor, low carb, budget-friendly, and ready in 20 minutes. Gluten free, paleo, and Whole30.
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut amnios or tamari (like THIS or THIS)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (like this)
- 1–2 tso grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (like this)
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound grass fed beef
- green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Spiralize zucchinis into noodles, place into colander, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Place colander onto large plate and set aside while zucchini noodles release water and drain.
- To make sauce, whisk together coconut aminos (tamari), sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and optional honey. Set aside.
- Heat avocado oil/ghee in large skillet over medium/high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes, breaking up the beef as it cooks. Stir in the Asian sauce, turn down heat to medium and allow flavors to soak into beef.
- Meanwhile, pour zucchini noodles onto clean kitchen towel and gently pat dry. Add zucchini noodles to skillet with beef and stir to combine. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes, until noodles begin to soften.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately . Enjoy!