- 2 cups almond flour (this is the brand I use)
- 3 eggs (preferably pastured)
- 1/2 cup REAL maple syrup OR RAW honey
- 1/2 cup ghee, butter, OR coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apples (into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice powder
- pinch of clove
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts of choice (hazelnuts, pecan, walnuts) ~ preferably soaked and dehydrated
- 3 TBS REAL maple Syrup or RAW honey
- 3 TBS ghee, butter, OR coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
For the icing:
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line muffin tin with 12 unbleached paper liners (like these).
- To prepare streusel: mix chopped nuts, fat of choice, honey (or syrup) and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, ginger, allspice, and clove in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup fat of choice, and honey (or syrup). Add dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in apple pieces.
- Spoon out a heaping TBS of mixture into each lined muffin cup. Then divide streusel evenly among 12 muffins. Top with remaining muffin batter.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until muffins are golden brown.
- While muffins are cooling,using a hand blender, cream together all frosting ingredients until smooth. Place in fridge for a few minutes to harden if too soft. Once muffins are completely cool, frost your muffins any way that you feel inspired. ENJOY!