- Preheat oven to 350’F and line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine nut butter, sweetener of choice, and salt until creamy smooth.
- Add in egg and mix until completely incorporated.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of dough and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with fingers to desired cookie thickness. (These cookies do not flatten on their own.) If you are using coconut sugar, dough will be thick enough to roll into tablespoon-sized balls and then flatten to desired thickness.
- Using a wet fork, make a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie. (I dip my fork into a glass of clean water between cookies)
- Bake at 350’F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool and serve!
For a softer cookie, use wet sweetener like maple syrup or honey. For a crisper cookie, use a dry sweetener like coconut sugar.