Whether you like soft or crispy cookies, this recipe is for you. One of the easiest cookies you will ever make: 4 Ingredient Nut Butter Cookies. And yes, they are flourless, grain free and gluten free.
This is my go-to cookies recipe when I want to whip up something on the fly. 4 ingredients. That’s it. Mix them up and bake.
What I love about these cookies is that they are super versatile. You can use any nut butter. I prefer almond butter or sunflower seed butter. Each kind of nut butter will yield a slightly different cookie, which is the fun part.
I prefer a softer cookie, so I use a wet sweetener like real maple syrup or raw honey. If you prefer a crispier cookie, use a dry sweetener like coconut sugar.
So go ahead, experiment a bit.
Serve them room temperature with a cold glass of homemade coconut milk. Or pop them in the freezer for a chilly treat. I have even used these as the cookies for ice cream sandwiches.
I hope you enjoy them!
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine nut butter, sweetener of choice, and salt until creamy smooth.
- Add in egg and mix until completely incorporated.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of dough and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with fingers to desired cookie thickness. (These cookies do not flatten on their own.) If you are using coconut sugar, dough will be thick enough to roll into tablespoon-sized balls and then flatten to desired thickness.
- Using a wet fork, make a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie. (I dip my fork into a glass of clean water between cookies)
- Bake at 350’F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool and serve!
For a softer cookie, use wet sweetener like maple syrup or honey. For a crisper cookie, use a dry sweetener like coconut sugar.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.