Let’s be honest. Most of us don’t get enough vegetables in our diet. Here’s 35 easy to make AND delicious recipes to fill your plates with all kinds of vegetables.
I think that we can all agree that no matter what type of diet you follow, it’s never a bad idea to eat more vegetables. It really is the simplest way to improve your overall health.
Vegetables are loaded with many important nutrients ( including potassium, magnesium, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C) to give our bodies everything they need. Think strong immune system and bones, healthy hair and nails, smooth flowing digestive tract, and vital energy levels. And then there’s the powerful antioxidants found in vegetables that help our bodies fight off chronic illnesses (like heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes) and cancer.
It’s estimated that over 75% of people don’t get the recommended 2-3 cups of vegetables daily. We live in a fast paced time where convenience foods are readily available. I think many folks see eating vegetables as inconvenient or maybe just aren’t sure how to prepare them. Here’s few tips on how to add more veggies to your diet:
- Sign up to get a weekly box of fresh produce from your local CSA or farm. You’ll be more likely to eat them if you have them in the fridge and will get introduced to vegetables you may never have tried.
- Prep some vegetables ahead of time for easy grab and go snacks. Carrots, celery, and jicama sticks travel well. Cucumbers make fun substitutes for crackers. Mason jar salads are easy to take with you on the run.
- Commit to eating at least one vegetable per meal. Yes, vegetables for breakfast are delicious. An easy way to do this is to eat salad at every meal. You can make several servings of greens or winter squash at once and eat over the next few days.
- Substitute vegetables for breads and crackers. I mentioned using cucumbers as crackers. You can also use bell peppers and carrots sticks to eat your dips and spreads. And you can ditch the bread and tortillas by using lettuces and greens to make wraps for sandwiches and tacos.
- Don’t forget about drinking your vegetables. Add them to your smoothies or try juicing them. One of my favorite ways to start the day is with a Detox Green Juice (see #33 below.)
It may take some time to get used to a new way of eating. But you may discover that there are so many different ways to eat more vegetables and so many new vegetables to try. You may start to feel better, have more energy, lose a little weight, and even have a glow to you.
I’ve made a list of my 35 favorite ways to eat more vegetables. My personal favorite vegetables are greens, sweet potatoes, and creative salads. I’ve included some really great cauliflower and zucchini recipes as well. And don’t forget to eat your veggies at breakfast. The Bacon and Egg Muffins (#29 below) are great for busy mornings.
30. Easy Baked Eggs
DRINKS AND SMOOTHIES
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.