A quick + easy soup recipe that’s hearty, healthy, + full of flavor. Loaded with good quality protein + vegetables. Gluten free, low carb, + keto-friendly.
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, or avocado oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound grass fed beef
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 inch piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp salt (I like THIS brand)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 5 cups good quality broth (vegetable, homemade bone broth or Kettle and Fire)
- 1/2 bunch of dino kale, destemmed + chopped
- salt + black pepper, to taste
- Heat fat of choice in large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion + cook until translucent. Add beef + cook until browned + crumbly. Then add garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric, turmeric powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Stir + cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add in celery, cauliflower florets, and broth. Bring to a simmer + cook, covered, until veggies are just tender (or to your liking.) Toss in chopped kale and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until kale is wilted.
- Add generous amounts of black pepper + salt to taste. Serve + enjoy. Freezes well for later.