Just 3 simple ingredients to make these tasty little peanut butter and jelly cups. A little bit sweet + a little bit salty. Use any nut butter that makes you happy. No refined sugars.
- Line muffin tin with 10 cupcake liners or arrange 10 silicone cupcake liners on baking tray.
- Gently melt coconut oil in a small pot then add to peanut butter and whisk until creamy smooth. Add a few pinches of salt, if desired.
- Spoon one tablespoon of peanut butter mixture into each prepared muffin liners. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spoon two teaspoons of jam into the middle of each peanut butter layer. Use back of spoon to gently flatten. Top with remaining peanut butter mixture, one tablespoon in each cup, to cover jam.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden. Store in air-tight container in freezer (or fridge if you prefer a softer texture.)
- If adding coarse salt on top, add after cups have been in the freezer for about five minutes to harden just a bit. Otherwise, the salt may just sink into the soft mixture.
I highly recommend adding a titch of good quality salt to mixture if your nut butter is salt free.
I recommend taking first layer out of freezer after 10 minutes. If they are too frozen, the second layer may not set onto top very well.