3 ingredients NO BAKE Peanut Butter Jelly Bars are the PERFECT snack. So easy to make, full of healthy fats and protein, and damn delicious. Use any nut or seed butter that you like.
If peanut butter (or almond butter or cashew butter) and jelly is your jam, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
A smooth and creamy freezer fudge that’s gluten free, vegan, paleo, and refined sugar free. (Yes, I know peanut butter is not paleo. Use almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter to keep it paleo.)
It’s super quick and easy to throw together. No baking required. Just a few minutes of prep and about an hour in the freezer to set.
It’s almost silly how simple this recipe is. But what you end up with is a melt-in-your-mouth, crazy good peanut butter and jelly bar that you can feel good about eating.
The recipe deets:
❤️peanut butter… or almond butter or cashew butter or sunflower butter. Whatever you use, it will be delicious. Packed with good-for-you protein.
❤️ coconut butter… sometimes called coconut cream concentrate, is full of healthy fats and gives this freezer fudge a rich, creamy flavor.
That’s it. Just 3 simple real food ingredients = the BEST snack EVER.
I find the natural sweetness of the coconut butter + the jam to be plenty sweet for this recipe. If you are looking for more of a dessert, feel free to add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup.
Peanut butter and jelly bars are a freezer dessert, meaning they are best eaten out of the freezer. They will get very soft at room temperature.
These little squares don’t last very long at our house. When I made my last batch, using a combo of peanut butter and homemade cashew butter, my little one said, “Oh, mama! These are soooooo good!” We ate the whole tray in one day.
I’ll leave it at that. Just look at those jelly swirls. Enjoy!
PS… if you LOVE simple snacks, you may also like my 4 Ingredient Coconut Raspberry Fudge. ❤️
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
- Line the bottom of a 9×5 inch pan with one long piece of parchment paper, cut to fit across the bottom and long enough to run up the short sides several inches. Set aside.
- Scoop peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a double boiler (I use a glass bowl nested in a small cooking pot), melt coconut butter until smooth. Add melted coconut butter to peanut butter and mix until creamy smooth. Add a pinch or two of salt if your peanut butter is unsalted OR if you just love salty and sweet flavors together. Add optional maple syrup, if desired. Using a spatula, transfer mixture into prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together jam and two tablespoons of water then drizzle jam over top of fudge mixture. Drag and swirl a toothpick or sharp knife through jam to create a marble effect.
- Place in freezer to set for at least an hour. Slice frozen fudge into small squares with a sharp knife. Serve chilled. Store in freezer.
Be sure that all of your ingredients are room temperature as cold nut butter will make this recipe too thick to spread properly.
CLICK HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.