I have a ton of citrus sitting on my kitchen table from people sharing their bounty of citrus trees with us. In particular, I had 2 VERY large lemons from Alexei’s grandma’s house that were just calling to me today. We went down to visit her for her 80th birthday the other day, and she was generous enough to share her lemons and oranges with us. Thanks, Virginia. So, I decided to make a lemon tart.
I used a basic lemon curd recipe but used honey for the sweetener and added some coconut oil. And I used an almond and coconut flour crust with pecans. I used coconut oil for this tart, but butter or ghee works great too. The result: one tangy, lemony, delicious tart!!!! Enjoy!!!!
This tart is meant to be eaten cold out of the fridge. It gets pretty soft at room temperature.
- FOR CRUST:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 TBS honey, raw
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, butter, or ghee (melted)
- pinch of salt
- FOR FILLING:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup honey, raw
- 1 TBS lemon zest (about one lemon's worth)
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup coconut oil, butter, or ghee (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350'F
- For crust: Combine almond flour, coconut flour, pecan, and salt in a large bowl
- Add honey and oil of choice. Mix until well combined
- Place mixture into a glass pie dish, and using your fingers and hands, press mixture to cover bottom and sides of dish
- Bake at 350'F for 10-12 minutes, until starting to get a little golden and starting to solidify
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool a bit
- For filling: combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and combine well with a whisk or hand blender
- Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake at 350'F for 15 minutes. Pie will be solid on the top but visibly soft in the inside. Don't worry, it will set once cooled
- Place in fridge for several hours to set. Please be patient and let it cool completely in fridge. It will be much easier to slice.
I love to get feedback on my recipes, so please leave a comment if you like…..
This recipe was share at these food blog carnivals. Please click on the image and check out more yummy recipes and healthy living tips…..