As many of you know, I have been a bit obsessed with natural skin care. As I cleaned up my diet, the rest of my life just seemed to follow. I began to look at other sources of toxic exposure in my life: my cleaning product, my skincare products, and my make up. Little by little , I began to switch out more and more of the things that I used on a daily basis.
Confession time: I’ve had a really hard time giving up some of my favorite make up. I’ve tried several of the natural products on the market, but they just didn’t stay on like I wanted them too. I’m sort of a lipstick and mascara girl. Nothing else, but they have to look good.
But while doing research for my new book on natural skincare, I came across some scary facts:
- The average woman absorbs 5 lbs of make-up chemicals PER YEAR.
- The United States has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938.
- Only about 10% of the 10,000 chemicals commonly found in personal care products have been tested for human safety.
- The European Union has spent the past two decades banning or restricting more than 1,300 ingredients, the US has only banned 11 to date.
Finally! A product that is safe and works!
After doing a lots of research and product testing, I have finally found a make up and skincare company that I love. Their make up looks and feels like the commercial make up I have been using, minus the crappy ingredients. Introducing Beautycounter!
I started out using the Beautycounter’s super clean sunscreen. I then fell in love with their awesome lipsticks and lip gloss. I’m a sucker for luscious lips. I recently also ordered their eye shadow and cream cleanser.
Oh, and they have a 60 day return policy!
Here’s a sneak peek at what Beautycounter has to offer
WELCOME GIFT! (through July 6th)
Before I get to the giveaway, I want to tell you about a fun giveaway I am doing as well. Place an order of $100 or more with Beautycounter using my link, and I will send you this grey and white 10″ chevron pouch.
Good news! It doesn’t have to be your first order. If you’ve already ordered in the past and you place a new order, sometime between today and 7/6, you still qualify.
(NOTE: Zippers on bags may be white or black, depending on what I have in stock)
How to receive a welcome gift!
- Place an order of $100 or more, using THIS link: www.beautycounter.com/katjaheino
- Forward your order confirmation to me: email@example.com
- Special offer open to US residents only
- Must order by 7/6 at midnight PST
- Must order using my link
(ends July 6th)
- Visit this link: www.beautycounter.com/katjaheino
- Leave a comment below, letting us know which Beautycounter product you are most excited about.
-Comments don’t always show up right away, I have to approve them.
-Giveaway open to US residents only.
-Giveaway ends on 7/6 and winner will be randomly drawn using random.org from the comments below.