Oh my goodness! I think that you are going to love these cookies. I spent the day experimenting with flourless chocolate cookie recipes, and I think this is the one. Introducing my grain and gluten free Flourless Chocolate Cookies.
Confession time: I want to love coconut flour. I do. I see amazing looking recipes made with coconut flour all of the time. I want to use it more in my baking. But I spent the day experimenting with chocolate coconut flour cookies, and I’m not happy. They just don’t have the right texture. I give up….for now.
OK, so I use almond flour in a lot of my baked goods. (this is my favorite brand of blanched almond flour) It has such a sweet and delicate flavor that anything I make with it tastes amazing. But I’m trying to branch out a bit and am trying new things. You may have seen my Grain Free Ginger Cookies made with ground up sunflower seeds. They are the bomb. Just the right texture. A little bit chewy and a little bit crunchy. Just like a cookie should be.
So I decided to give the sunflower seeds a go with my flourless chocolate cookies. I really wanted to make a chocolate cookie that was a little bit chewy. a little bit fudgy, and a wickedly rich and decadent. Kind of like a brownie but more like a cookie! A brownie cookie!
I’m in love. You are not going to believe how dangerously good these fudgy flourless chocolate cookies are. No one will ever know that they are gluten and grain free. And I’m really excited to share this recipe with you today.
I hope you love them as much as I do.
- Preheat oven to 350'F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Process sunflower seeds in a food processor for 1 and ½ minutes, until it resembles coarse flour. Pour into large bowl.
- Process coconut sugar in food processor for 1 and ½ minutes to create a finer sugar. Pour into bowl with ground sunflower seeds.
- Add cacao powder, sea salt, and mini chocolate chips and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, using a hand blender, whip egg whites until foamy but not stiff (about 30 seconds). Fold in vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to egg whites and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon batter (about 2 TBS) onto prepared baking sheet in 9 evenly spaced mounds, leaving about 2 inches in between.
- Bake for 14 minutes, until cookies are slightly puffed and glossy. Slide entire parchment paper or silicone mat onto wire rack to cool completely.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!